Inside* Sales Representative for College Market
Supervisor: CEO and VP of Sales
*Telecommuting from your home office is an option – with periodic required travel to office meetings, conferences, workshops and sales presentations
Known for its cutting-edge curriculum, Academic Innovations is seeking an inside College Sales Representative to identify, build and maintain relationships with instructors and professors at 4-year private colleges and universities. The College Sales Rep sells in a consultative manner by phone to key college constituents, such as deans of guidance, guidance department chairs, professors and instructors of College Success, Student Success or Career Planning courses, and career center directors.
Primary Sales Goal:
Projected time management:
Within the assigned territory of 4-year private colleges and universities within identified states, sell the online program My10yearPlan.com® and the supporting Career Choices and Changes
workbook to college instructors and departments for course adoptions for fall, spring, and summer classes.
Where appropriate, educate and advocate for a campus-wide adoption of the online 10-year plan so all incoming students complete a students success course and 10-year plan for advisory and counseling purposes.
For product details, visit www.academicinnovationshighered.com.
Inside sales by telephone, email and webinar: 80% of time
Presentations at colleges and conferences: 10% of time
Customer service and product support: 10% of time
- College degree (BA or BS) minimum, Masters preferred
- At least 2 years of successful sales experience, ideally in the education market or recent leadership role at the college level along with sales/promotional experience.
- Excellent communication skills via the telephone
- A strong working knowledge of software applications and programs
- Technological proficiency in regards to being able to present and demonstrate software programs, live and via webinars
- The ability to effectively search the internet is a must
- Excellent time management, organizational skills, and interpersonal communication
- Self- directed learner particularly in relationship to technology
- Closer ~ Doer ~ Results-oriented
Full-time position: Monday through Friday
Hourly compensation plus commission
Excellent compensation opportunity for proven sales performer
Submit a Resume